Tuesday, June 21

And I don't even know his last name...

It's June 21st. The last time I truly looked at my calender, it was May. These past few weeks have been complete and utter chaos. With summer finally here and with an empty wallet to prove it, I couldn't be happier. With the mixture of friends, family, and a good time I couldn't imagine my life being any better than it is at the moment. The sun is out, the days are long, and the drives in my red car are priceless. All I need is a bouquet of sunflowers and we have the summer I have been longing for!

I've started counting days by the night and my new bed time is never before three, but you can't really blame me. Three friends that don't live in Reno anymore made their way over the country to visit. One after the other they arrived and we conquered the town. Everything from strangers giving me over 200 dollars to gamble with, to bouncers giving me back messages. What day is it again, oh right- it's June 21st.

With a brief break in the middle of this chaos I found myself completely content with having a night in. Reading my new novel or watching a funny movie I have found myself at that perfect level of happiness. I'm fine being out with the girls, dinners and dates with the boys, and the nights that I curl up in my bed alone are perfect. This is the moment of life that I have been missing for the past few months and I am so excited that I can finally say that I am happy, on my own terms. I mean, how can one not be happy when the rodeo is in town?

Cowboys. Oh dear. It is on the bucket list that I end up dating a cowboy, not necessarily a heavy dating type, but for some reason I am fascinated! With the rodeo in town I have found enough country driven gals to play wingwomen with. Gone twice and hoping to go one more time before they pick up and leave, I can't believe our luck sometimes. Wanna go? Just give us a ring and will have the time of our lives. Ferris wheels and cotton candy I feel as if I am a child again, and for the first time, in a very long time... I am excited to be young. You have to be young and wild before you can become old and wise and that is just what I am doing. Let the chips fall where they may and watch the stars because today is the only day that matters. Live, laugh, and love for what will tomorrow bring? Let me stop just saying carpe diem phrases and let me take them into my life, hold them close to my heart, and for goodness sake, let me be free. What to do today? I'm off for a day in the sun while I play our (Sarah, Renee, and Katy's) anthem!

Enjoy.
P.S. I want red high heels.

1 comment:

  1. I hope I was one of those three friends you mentioned :) I miss you love!!!

    ReplyDelete